During reading Xitong’s post, I have a new understanding of constructivism. Through the author description, I learned that constructivism is a theory about knowledge and learning, emphasizing the initiative of learners, and that learning is a process in which learners generate meaning and construct understanding based on original knowledge and experience. Also the author has explained what constructivism is through her own personal experience of learning Japanese. By the way, this is a good post! Good work.

By reading Leslie’s blog, the author shares us her own experience studying biology in elementary school. The author expresses her views on constructivism through her learning experience in biology class where her teacher asked them to look for insects. Through her experience in learning biology, she explained that constructivism is a way for learners to generate meaning based on original knowledge and experience, the process of constructing understanding, which is often accomplished in sociocultural interactions. I think it would be better if author could include a quote in the post. Anyway this post is very lively, good work!

Hengyu Qi